Dynamic button caption

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
domu

Dynamic button caption

Post by domu »

I am using HouseBot v.2.22 (purchased as a bundle with Meedio couple of years ago). Is it possible to have button control (panel change) to display Property Value Substitution String ?

Thank you for your help.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Panel change buttons will only display the static text that they were configured to display.

You might be able to put a transparent button over a property label that shows the value you want.
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Scott,

I find that transparant buttons (or any buttons for that matter) only work when on top of an image or just on the plain background. They don't work when placed on top of property labels, static text or indicators. I really miss the option to get buttons to do something when placed on top of indicators. This only goes for the area of the button where the button is overlaying the items mentioned above. If the button is bigger, then the areas of the button that doesn't hit the items above, will work. Is this something that is fixeable?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You're right. I should have thought about it for a second before I jumped in with a suggestion.

For transparency reasons, backgrounds and images are considered things that can be behind other controls and are actually just images merged together into a single background. The other controls (like buttons, indicators, property labels) are actually windows and can be set on top of the combined background. However, those top level controls don't layer on top of each other very well.... or at all.
Is this something that is fixeable?
It would take some work, but anything is possible.
Scott