IR zones

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

IR zones

Post by yaccri »

I would like to control more than the 3 zones that USB-UIRT supports. I like this product a lot, but it is limited to 3 zones, and for some applications this is not enough.

If I got it right, the GC-100-12 controls 6 zones.

Can HB control more than one GC100 unit, to allow more than 6 zones?

Also the GC-100 is a bit pricy. Is there a cheaper way to control multiple zones (the more the better)?

Thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: IR zones

Post by ScottBot »

yaccri wrote:If I got it right, the GC-100-12 controls 6 zones.
Can HB control more than one GC100 unit, to allow more than 6 zones?
Although I've never tested it, HouseBot should be able to control as many GC-100's as you need.

The GC-100-12 comes stock with 2 IR modules (each module has three ports). I have this unit and it definitely supports six IR ports.

The cool thing about the GC-100's is that they are modular. I'm not sure if they are currently sold this way, but you can customize the configuration to suite your needs. The GC-100-06 has one extra expansion module that you could add another three IR ports with. You could even replace the existing RS232 module with three IR ports. The GC-100-12 has two empty modules so you could add another six to the six it already has. I'm not sure how you order the additional modules.

HouseBot detects the modules that are configured, so the current plugin should work fine with any module configuration.
Scott
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

Thank you Scott.

The GC-100-12 comes stock with 2 IR modules (each module has three ports)

Does it mean that it controls 2 zones (with 6 emitters), or 6 zones?

Should there be any problem to connect both the USB-UIRT and the GC-100 to the same HB server?

Thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Does it mean that it controls 2 zones (with 6 emitters), or 6 zones?
Each emitter is independent, so 6 zones.
Should there be any problem to connect both the USB-UIRT and the GC-100 to the same HB server?
No.
Scott
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

Great,

I'll probably order the GC-100 in the near future.

Thanks