2 way switches and HB CM11 interface

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Dakkar

2 way switches and HB CM11 interface

Post by Dakkar »

Hi Scott,

I am interested in this product: http://media.lodestar.be/intellihome/manuals/LWM1.pdf

It is a 2 way dimmer. It can send it state to other X10 devices.

What I want to know is: will it send its state back to the CM11 interface? Will I be able to know from HB if someone has (for example) switched the light on with a external momentary switch? Or it only will send the state to other receivers?

Thank you very much,

Dakkar
talisman

Post by talisman »

Similar to this:

http://www.simplyautomate.co.uk/product ... rodId=5456

I have a few of these installed and also use Momentary Switches (Bell Push Modual switches)

I can turn lights ON/OFF and DIM via the Momentary Switch and via HB.
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
Dakkar

Post by Dakkar »

Ok Talisman, BUT:

if you switch ON the light with the momentary external switch, the status property of the light in HB does change? I mean, I would like to know from HB which is the state of every light in every moment. Will it be possible?

Thank you,

Dakkar
talisman

Post by talisman »

I wouldnt have thought so. I dont think the HDM1 receives and SENDS information.

If the device you were looking at states that it DOES send and receive information then it MAY change the status in HB.

But i am unaware.

Im not fussed if my momentary switch alters HB as i can tell if a light is ON or not.

Ahhh i just saw the bit from you that says it sends its state. So i would have thought it would alter HB.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: 2 way switches and HB CM11 interface

Post by ScottBot »

Dakkar wrote:Hi Scott,

I am interested in this product: http://media.lodestar.be/intellihome/manuals/LWM1.pdf

It is a 2 way dimmer. It can send it state to other X10 devices.
What I want to know is: will it send its state back to the CM11 interface? Will I be able to know from HB if someone has (for example) switched the light on with a external momentary switch? Or it only will send the state to other receivers?

Thank you very much,
Dakkar
I can't say for sure, since I'm not familiar with those particular devices. However, the HouseBot CM11a Hardware Interface DOES support 2-way X10 commands. So if the switch sends an A;1;On (for example), HouseBot will change the Power State of any X10 Device setup as A;1 to "On".
Scott
talisman

Post by talisman »

yeah i agree, reading through the installation setup of the link you gave Dakar This unit Trasmits the on/off status so this SHOULD amend the status in HB. without having 1 i cannont test it for you, but in my opinion i think this will.

rob
Dakkar

Thank you

Post by Dakkar »

Thank you to you both for you reply...

I will have to buy one and try sooner or later...

Dakkar